This just in from Toastmasters International - Executive Director, Dan Rex!! From: DRex@toastmasters.org Sent: 12-Nov-2008 16:08:48 PST Subject: Toastmasters 2010 International Convention Dear District Governors and Lt. Governors, I write to you today to announce a change in location for the 2010 International Convention. World Headquarters recently conducted an extensive Convention analysis, taking into account the global financial crisis and economic downturn, as well as the overall increased costs associated with holding the Convention in Sydney. This led to a realization and decision that it would not be fiscally responsible to hold the 2010 Convention in Sydney, Australia. The new site for the 2010 Convention is Palm Desert, California. We hope you will join us and many of your fellow Toastmasters there! We realize this will be a disappointment to many of our members, especially those in Host District 70, led by Elizabeth Wilson, whom we thank for the planning and work they have a...
Mentor of the 4th Quarter Award! Happy to share I was nominated as the District 31 Toastmasters - Mentor of the 4th Quarter for the 2024-2025 year! I have been nominated each quarter in several categories and am happy that I was finally chosen. I am super proud of this one because it shows that the person took actions and is bettering their speaking, leading, and Toastmasters experiences. I am looking forward to witnessing my mentees progress.
“Acceptance of one's life has nothing to do with resignation; it does not mean running away from the struggle. On the contrary, it means accepting it as it comes, with all the handicaps of heredity, of suffering, of psychological complexes and injustices”. Paul Tournier Friends what do you think when you read or hear these two words together? …..“Effective Immediately” I received this email notice on Monday July 14, 2008 at 8:21 PM – since it went out to all the current District Officers within the entire Toastmasters World I am sure the exact date and time may varied. http://www.toastmasters.org/ The e-mail sender was Diana Metcalfe, Executive Assistant of Toastmasters International to Donna Groh, who was the Executive Director written on behalf of 2007-2008, International President, Chris Ford, DTM Dear District Officer: It is my duty to inform you that today I have accepted the resignation of Ms. Donna Groh, Executive Director to Toastmasters International, effective immediate...
Comments