Friday, September 11, 2009

God Bless the USA - 911 WTC Tribute

New York Fire Fighters raising the American Flag
The BEAUTIFUL NEW YORK TWIN TOWERS
President Bush in a classroom being told about the NEWS
Lee Green Wood

Yes - I remember - more importantly - HOW COULD I FORGET? I know exactly where I was and when I saw the planes flying into the New York Trade Center Twin Towers. My daughter was in preschool - I was working at the Salem YMCA. I still tear up in disbelief, shock and wonder...how could they? Why would they? God Bless the USA
----------------------

9/11 God Bless the USA - Tribute

A musical tribute to the people who died in the terrorist attacks on America on Septmeber 11, 2001 and to the emergency workers. All are true heroes. There's a hole in the NY skyline I wish they ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZIApwWq1AU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7r-BvicJk0&feature=related


9/11 - Tribute September 11th, 2001

This is a video response to The Healing Power of Jesus Christ - Sculptures by Angela Johnson
By Jason Seth Adam Smith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P83gGWn5jwU&feature=related


Photos
http://www.september11news.com/

Photos - New York Article
http://nymag.com/news/articles/wtc/gallery/




Artist: Lee Greenwood Song: Proud To Be An American

If tomorrow all the things were gone,I’d worked for all my life.And I had to start again,with just my children and my wife.

I’d thank my lucky stars,to be livin here today.‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom,and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,where at least I know I’m free.And I wont forget the men who died,who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,next to you and defend her still today.‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,to the hills of Tennessee.Across the plains of Texas,From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,and New York to L.A.Well there's pride in every American heart,and its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be an American,where at least I know I’m free.And I wont forget the men who died,who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,next to you and defend her still today.‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,God bless the USA.

And I’m proud to be and American,where at least I know I’m free.And I wont forget the men who died,who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,next to you and defend her still today.‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,God bless the USA.

---

Lee Greenwood
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Greenwood

Lee Greenwood (born October 27, 1942 in South Gate, California) is an American country music artist. Active since the early 1980s, he has released more than twenty major-label albums and has charted more than thirty-five singles on the Billboard country music charts.

Although he is best known for his single "God Bless the USA", Greenwood also has charted seven Number One hits in his career: "Somebody's Gonna Love You", "Going, Going, Gone", "Dixie Road", "I Don't Mind the Thorns (If You're the Rose)", "Don't Underestimate My Love for You", "Hearts Aren't Made to Break (They're Made to Love)", and "Mornin' Ride". His 1983 single "I.O.U." was also a Top Five hit on the Adult Contemporary charts, and a #53 on the Billboard Hot 100. A 2001 re-release of "God Bless the USA" became his highest charting pop hit, reaching #16 on the Hot 100.

No comments: