Sunday, October 28, 2007

"I WAS SPEECHLESS"!!

Turn your SPEECHLESS experiences into SPEECHES to help others….

Yesterday I received some news that took me COMPLETELY by surprise – I WAS… SPEECHLESS!!

I really was not prepared for what was being said to me on the phone and it came from an unlikely source. I will not reveal the contents of the discussion just yet as it is just TOO personal and TOO painful at this time. AND I decided that I would refrain from really stating how I feel to the person delivering the news... at least for now…because I am not really sure what my plan of action is yet “I AM STILL SPEECHLESS”…

Have you ever become speechless when news was delivered to you that you were not expecting, not ready to hear, and more importantly from a least unlikely source?

I have but it is not the first time…it reminded me of the time my hair stylist informed that clumps of my hair were coming out while she was washing it at the sink. She then asked me if I had been eating. WOW…I was caught by my hair stylist...a most unlikely source I thought but she informed me that a good diet shows in both your fingernail and your hair growth. As a joke I said, “EATING IS AN AGGRESSIVE SPORT IN MY FAMILY!”. But I wasn’t fooling her. The truth is I haven’t been eating lately. I have been skipping many meals and I was caught by an unlikely source, my hairstylist and I WAS SPEECHLESS on that day.

I have a close family member who has struggled with BOTH Anorexic and Bulimia for many years – her teeth that were once white are now stained from the acid reflect from vomiting eleven (11) times a day.

What do you do when you are speechless when you hear news that you were not ready for? For me I am writing about it – maybe I can incorporate these SPEECHLESS experiences into some of my SPEECHES that will help others who are going through the same things. You two can Turn your SPEECHLESS experiences into SPEECHES to help others….

====
WORDS OF THE DAY

BULIMIA NERVOSA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulimia_nervosa


Bulimia nervosa, commonly known as bulimia, is an eating disorder and psychological condition in which the subject engages in recurrent binge eating followed by feelings of guilt, depression, and self-condemnation and intentional purging to compensate for the excessive eating, usually to prevent weight gain (see anorexia nervosa). Purging can take the form of vomiting, fasting, inappropriate use of laxatives, enemas, diuretics or other medication, or excessive physical exercise. The cycle damages bodily organs. Bulimia is common especially among young women of normal or nearly normal weight.[1]


ANOREXIA NERVOSA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorexia_nervosa

Anorexia nervosa is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes an eating disorder characterized by low body weight and body image distortion with an obsessive fear of gaining weight. Individuals with anorexia often control body weight by voluntary starvation, purging, vomiting, excessive exercise, or other weight control measures, such as diet pills or diuretic drugs. It primarily affects adolescent females all over the world, however approximately 10% of all afflicted are male. Anorexia nervosa is a complex condition, involving psychological, neurobiological, and sociological components.[1]
======

No comments: