Monday, March 10, 2008

DISTINGUISHED TOASTMASTER AWARD!

DISTINGUISHED TOASTMASTER AWARD!

“Distinguished Toastmaster is the
Highest Recognition a Member May Receive”
Toastmasters International

I am a Distinguished Toastmaster - DTM!!

I knew it was coming because I submitted my Distinguished Toastmaster Award Application which is the final step on the journey to becoming a “Distinguished Toastmaster” DTM and it posted on the District Performance Website on February 14, 2008 (a nice celebration date - since I joined Toastmasters in three years ago February 2005!).

My Supervisor at work, Hermelinda Murrell received the letter first from Toastmasters that states I am a "Distinguished Toastmaster". Then I received an email from Toastmasters International that a “package” will be mailed to me within 14 days. My initial thought was that it would be a "certificate" like the many other certificates I have I received for all my other educational and leadership awards from Toastmasters International.

Then on Friday March 7, 2008 I received a UPS notice that I had a “package” for pick up from Toastmasters. I waited with anticipation over the weekend until today Monday March 10, 2008 to pick it up ….and couldn’t wait to open it! I brought it home and wrestled with the scissors and brown box it came in. WOW it is gorgeous! A large wooden plaque with raised gold letters and a black background. It reads:

“DISTINGUISHED TOASTMASTER recognition is given to Sherri Raftery by Toastasters International for outstanding accomplishments and leadership excellence in the pursuit of the mission of Toastmasters International” signed in cursive by Donna H. Groh, Executive Director, on February 14, 2008. (now that is a Valentine's gift!)

I will be joining the many others who have completed both the communication and leadership tracks who are also listed as DTM;s in the “Toastmasters Magazine” and on the “The Hall of Fame” Toasmasters International Website.

http://www.toastmasters.org/ToastmastersMagazine/ToastmasterArchive/2007/December/Departments/HallofFame.aspx

AND to top that off I am eager to receive my Distinguish Toastmaster Medal DTM on May 10, 2008 at the District 31 Spring Conference, which covers eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. http://www.district31.org/ (how much recognition can you get from one award?)

More about my personal “SHARE YOUR TOASTMASTERS STORY” to follow!!.....


“There is real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment”. Norman Vincent Peale

No comments: