Friday, May 9, 2008

2008 District 31 Spring Conference

2008 District 31 Spring Conference

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as
what you become by achieving your goals." -- '
Zig Ziglar, Speaker and Author

http://www.igroops.com/igroops/d31/files/download+SprgConf_RegForm.pdf

Tomorrow is my Toastmasters District 31 2008 Spring Conference. I have been making preparations all day. I am speaking for two minutes during the Distinguished Club & Educational Achievement, DTM Ceremony (that’s toastmasters talk for Distinguished Toastmaster – which I am as of February 2008!).

In addition to the Gorgeous Plaque that Toastmasters International – World Head Quarters –WHQ (hhhaa when I say WHQ – I think of old Batman and Robin Show – with Commissioner Gordon!) we get more recognition at our conferences with a DTM Medal! There are a bunch of us this year – at least three from my advanced club – Leading Speakers. The District 31 Governor asked us each to write up a DTM bio with a photo for the conference program and is also allowing each of us to speak for two (2) minutes on what it means to each of us. This is a good time to thank people along my Toastmasters journey.

I also prepared my LGM - Marketing Report to give at the Business meeting.
We also vote on the next slate of district 31 officers. I am “TAKING THE NEXT STEP” in the leadership track and am on the ballot no one else is running against any one for the top three positions – but anything can happen from the floor. If someone else wants to run – I am allowed two minutes to express to the District why I think they should vote for me. I also prepared campaign materials to display on the Candidate Corner Table.

I am looking forward to see who wins the District 31 International Speech Contest. Should be a great conference and I will post results – probably late Saturday night – we are having a “fun night” – so if I don’t post Saturday – I will post on Mother’s Day! I will let you know if I catch a bouquet of colors!

K – I gotta git to bed – I am picking friends up early! (I didn’t realize that the DG & LGET were staying at the hotel tonight – I have to admit I feel a bit left out).

Friends – do you still have goals that you are trying to reach? What types of things to you have TO DO or GIVE UP DOING in order to reach your goals? Can you see the value in staying on a course to get where you’re going and accomplishing things that you are passionate about?


=====

FACTS

Conference

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conference

A conference is a meeting of people that "confer" about a topic.

Mother’s Day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother

Mother's Day is a day honoring mothers, celebrated on various days in many places around the world. It complements Father's Day, the celebration honoring fathers.


No comments: