Monday, June 30, 2008

D31 - Out Going LGM

Marketing Quote of the Month"If the circus is coming to town and you paint a sign saying "Circus Coming to the Fairground Saturday," that's advertising. If you put the sign on the back of an elephant and walk it into town, that's promotion. If the elephant walks through the mayor's flower bed, that's publicity. And if you get the mayor to laugh about it, that's public relations. If the town's citizens go the circus, you show them the many entertainment booths, explain how much fun they'll have spending money at the booths, answer their questions and ultimately, they spend a lot at the circus, that's sales." -
Unknown


Friends today is June 30, 2008 and it is my last day to serve District 31 as the 2007-2008 Lt. Governor of Marketing (LGM) and my friend Bil Lewis will begin the new Toastmasters year tomorrow as the incoming 2008-2009 LGM and I will begin as the Lt. Governor of Education & Training. http://www.district31.org/

It has been a wonderful year and as the founder of Toastmasters, Dr. Ralph Smedley would say "TO LEAD IS TO SERVE" - It was with great honor and pride that I served the members of District 31 as they were very instrumental in helping the Marketing Team by inviting friends and family members to Toastmaster Club meetings, volunteering with roles at the Demo Meetings, helping with new Club Chartering Paper work, Submitting new, dual or reinstated membership dues, Sharing Their Toastmasters Stories, Assisting at Toastmasters Booths in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island by getting the WORD out about TOASTMASTERS so that others will also enjoy the many benefits it has afforded each of us in district 31!

My goal with the current District Governor, Cherylle Garnes was to Charter (Build) 20 new clubs this Toastmaster year. I did chartered 12 with one more on the way and I have 8 more in the pipeline that are currently prospective clubs and will fully charter for the incoming LGM.

Fingers Crossed I met my Marketing goal for the Per Caps (membership dues) requirement as well! I will only know when ALL the paper work at Toastmasters International World Head Quarters is complete! If I make it I will recieve the Excellance in Marketing Award at the Hall of Fame during the Toastmasters International Convention in Calgary Alberta Canada in August! http://www.toastmasters.org/

I will miss being the LGM and I thank ALL the members of my marketing team and all the new Toastmasters friends I have met with in my district, region Vii and beyond!

When I was asked to become the LGM - I said "I have no idea what I am suppose to do - but I can;t wait to do it'! I am equally excited to begin my new term as the incoming 2008-2009 LGET!


--------
FACTS

Per Capita

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/per+capita
:
per cap·i·ta Date: 1682

1 : equally to each individual

2 : per unit of population : by or for each person

No comments: