Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Mission Statement?

>...."whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, it's because that desire originated in the soul of the universe. It's your mission on earth." ...."And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist: A Fable About Following Your Dream, Page: 22, 23

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_statement

A mission statement is a brief statement of the purpose of a company, religious group or organization. Companies sometimes use their mission statement as an advertising slogan, but the intention of a mission statement is to keep members and users aware of the organization's purpose. In the case of public commercial companies, the primary purpose must always be to uphold the interests of shareholders, whatever the mission statement.

==============

I am on a MISSION to find my very own “MISSION STATEMENT” and usually I would post the meaning at the end of my BLOG but today I am posting it here thank you to my fellow Edge Member and E-friend and Michael Cortes, Michael Cortes, Presentation Coach & Speaker http://www.michaelcortes.com www.youcanpresent.com

I have been looking at other websites and trying to get ideas for my OWN MISSION Statement because I am about to launch my very own “FIND YOUR PLATFORM” website!! Yeah, I know, it’s about time (!) I bought the domain name a year ago in August when I was attending the “Get Paid to Speak” Champ Book Camp. One of my goals and accountability was to have the site up and running before now but I just may make the deadline before I head to Calgary on August 8, 2008. LUCKLY I found a VERY handy webmaster who has offered to help !!




My journey into finding my mission statement is a lot harder than I thought it would be – I need to reflect what it is I DO, what it is I WANT TO DO and what it is I will do with what I do.

So now I am asking the question that Darren LaCroix has asked me – WHY ME? Why would the meeting planners hire ME? What is it that I have to offer others and why would they want to listen to me?

Well Michael Cortes broke it down for me like this he writes - “I want to inspire others” I want to raise awareness by sharing setbacks” “ I want to raise awareness by sharing my ”. And you want to share your success

Ellen Witt Clark mentioned I should add my humor as a coping mechanism

Rich Hopkins said – “Mission statements can be overrated, and often limit our scope. Try a value statement instead, keeping every action in line with your core values”. “Kind of like a speech - rip away everything that doesn't push your message forward”.

Edge member, toastmaster and E-friend Bob (Mongo) Jensen writes -
"Enriching ordinary people's lives by helping them become extraordinary public speakers".

I will share more – but I have to go and pick Sabrina up from Camp Christopher and then we are gett’n our hair DID – yesterday we got our nails DID!!

No comments: