Thursday, November 6, 2008

Emerson Collge Expression Magazine - Profile Page 40






Emerson College: "Bringing Innovation to Communication and the Arts"
http://www.emerson.edu/


Expression ... the Magazine for Alumni and Friends of Emerson College is published three times a year by the Office of Public Affairs, in conjunction with the Department of Institutional Advancement and the Office of Alumni Relations.

The issues can be downloaded and viewed in PDF format using Adobe Reader. http://www.emerson.edu/news/expression_magazine.cfm


WOOO HOOO! After being honored by The Home for Little Wanderers on May 28, 2008 I recieved an email from the Public Relations Manager, Heather MacFarland who is also a fellow Emersonian who wanted to submit a story about me in Emerson's "Expression" Magazine!

I then recieved another email from Christopher Hennessy, a writer for Emerson College's "Expression" Magazine. During the summer Chris and I exchanged several emails to help with editing and clarity. Then on October 29, 2008 Chris sent me the most exciting email - requesting my post mailing address to send me hard copies of the Fall 2008 Expression!!

Now I have been in the CLASS NOTES (1990) section of Expression a few times: Spring 2005, Winter 2007 before and I enjoy reading what other fellow Emersonians are up. Many of them are in Hollywood, or on Broadway, are publishing books and changing the world in many creative ways and living the dreams that we all started with in Boston Massachusetts.

Spring 2005 Page 30 Class Note - 1990
http://www.emerson.edu/news/upload/ia_Expression_Spring2005.pdf

Friends I have to admit I was not ready when the mail arrived the next day and I opened the large white envelope to find a Full page PROFILE of me on page 40! In fact, I certainly didn;t think I was going to cry - but my emotions hit when my daughter Sabrina who turns 11 on Novmeber 14th asked me what was "wrong" I said with tears in my eyes and a smile on my face "I am crying because I am happy see... that's MOM"...as I pointed to my photo in Expression. (how's that for comedy and tragedy?!)

You see I may not have made it Hollywood or on Broadway but it sure is great to be recogized in the Expression Magazine with so many prominent Emerson graduates who are making it and following their dreams!

Although this edition is not yet online because it just came out in print and is being mailed to Emersonian's across the globe here is the link to the archives. If you get a chance - please read page 40 of the Fall 2008 Expression Magazine the Title reads: "Growing Up Fast": Raised without parents, Sherri Raftery '90 overcame every hurdle.

Expression Magazine - see this link

http://www.emerson.edu/news/expression_magazine.cfm

Any Emersonians out there remember when the college theme was
"EXPRESSION IS NECESSARY TO EVOLUTION"?

How about YOU - Are YOU out there EXPRESSING YOURSELF?

-------------------

** Heather thanks for taking the photo of me when we were making the Honoring the Alumn's video for The Home -
see this link - THE HOME Honoree Video

http://www.thehome.org/site/PageServer?pagename=news_video_voices_visions_08_honorees&JServSessionIdr001=1ws2xvrvb7.app5b
--------------

Prominent Emerson College Alumni

(http://www.emerson.edu/about/prominent_alumni.cfm

The 20,000 alumni of Emerson College are active in communication, journalism, advertising, public relations, broadcasting, film, entertainment and other fields.

They include, among many others:

Norman Lear, producer, Kevin Bright, producer Friends, Max Mutchnick (Will and Grace), and Vin Di Bona (America’s Funniest Home Videos); actors Henry Winkler, Denis Leary and Richard Dysart talk show host Jay Leno, journalist Morton Dean author and television producer Gary Grossman, Boston newscasters Pam Cross, Susan Wornick, Gene Lavanchy and Ed Harding entrepreneur and makeup artist Bobbi Brown

http://www.emerson.edu/news/emersonians_in_the_news.cfm

---------------

Emerson College
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerson_College


Emerson College is a private university in Boston, Massachusetts that focuses on "communication and the arts".[1] Founded in 1880 by Charles Wesley Emerson as a "school of oratory," in Boston, Emerson's main campus is located near the Boston Common in what was once the Combat Zone. It also maintains buildings in Los Angeles and the town of Well, Netherlands. Emerson owns and operates Boston's Cutler Majestic Theatre.

Emerson claims to be "the only comprehensive college or university in America dedicated exclusively to communication and the arts in a liberal arts context." It offers over 37 degree programs in the Arts and Communication. The college is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.

--
WERS

WERS (88.9 FM) is Emerson College's award-winning radio station. Student-run and professionally-managed, it serves New England an eclectic mix of musical genres and more live performances than any other station in the region.

No comments: