Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Best Mate - IS A CHAMPION!!

District 31 Governor, Sherri Raftery, DTM & Second Place WINNER 2009 World Champion Public Speaking, Mary Cheyne at the 2009 Toastmasters International Speech Contest on Saturday August 15, 2009 during the International Convention - MGM Grand, Foxwoods, Connecticut.

Photo by Don Saracen - Copy right @2009 saracen@fctvplus.net


My Best Mate Mary Cheyne WON Second Place during the 2009 World Champion of Public Speaking Contest! I am SOOO proud of Mary - I watched her grow as a speaker during the last
few years and I prayed for this day to come when she would TAKE CENTER STAGE at the International Convention!

Mary also supported me during my years in the leadership track and during our 2009 District 31 Spring Conference - we EACH had a victory! I was elected the 2009-2010 District 31 Governor and Mary WON First Place at the District Contest - we hugged one another and cried and smiled of course!


During the contestant interviews Senior Vice President Pat Johnson asked Mary who she would like to thank, and in her Australian accent; she replied "My District 31 Govenor, Sherri Raftery..." I was very touched and I have had many people come up to me last nite and say - Mary paid you a nice tribute!

Here is an email I recieved on FaceBook from incoming International Director, Theo Black "What a nice compliment Mary Cheyne paid you this morning at the contest. You are truly a servant to those you lead. Congratulations".
Mary and I have done some Public Speaking training workshops for students at Gibbs College and we gave a Public Speaking Presentation for the Essex County Youth At Risk Conference YAR. http://www.essexcountyyouth.org/

I will gladly collaborate with Mary on other projects and help her any way I can.

Mary is one of My Best Mates, a true CHAMPION!

No comments: