Saturday, August 1, 2009

Second Distinguished Toastmaster Award!

"We are delighted to recognize you as a Distinguished Toastmaster. Your outstanding achievement will serve as an inspiration to all Toastmasters"
Daniel Rex, Executive Director & Jana Barhnill, DTM, AS, International President 2008-2009


June 29, 2009 Distinguished Toastmaster Award - Sherri Raftery, DTM

"Sherri I am SO proud of you - for EVERYTHING! Share the benefits you have recieved from other Toastmasters, mentor and encourage them to take full advantage of the opportunities that Toastmasters affords. Show them what can happen when they have "The Courage to Conquer"! See you soon". - Jana Barnhill, DTM, AS

"Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) recognition is the highest honor that can be earned by a member of Toastmasters International. The DTM award is given only to those who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and communication skills and who have used these skills to help others in their self-development efforts". Dan Rex, Executive Director

I earned my second DTM. In the mail was my second plaque with my letter of congrats from Executive Director, Dan Rex and 08/09 International President, Jana Barnhill, DTM. A few weeks later I recieved another letter from Madam International President, Jana Barnhill who she took the time to hand write on the bottom of my letter that she "was proud of me for everything"!

Perhaps Jana wrote personal notes at the end of other DTM letters but for me - this was really special because it had been an extremely challenging 2008-2009 TM year in my District 31 - but with help of a BIG decision made by Jana and the International Board of Directors the course of the Leadership TRIO changed. Thankfully along came the PERFECT person to be a mentor and friend PDG, Bash Turay, DTM - who also served as a past Region Vii International Director! (...Someday I may post some parts of the lessons I learned...)

I am honored to receive the plaque, the congrats letters from Dan and Jana and even more so that I kept my promise - I have a "DATE ON THE STAGE" with Jana on Friday August 13, 2009 at the MGM Grand in Foxwoods during the Hall of Fame Ceremony at 1:30PM! http://www.toastmasters.org/

Hope to see you there! Take Center Stage! http://www.district31.org/

No comments: