Saturday, September 8, 2007

THE "4-H CLUB" - Head, Heart, Hands, Health

THE 4H CLUB !!
The 4 H's are the Pledge, Creed, and Motto

I Pledge...My Head to clearer thinking, My Heart to greater loyalty, My Hands to larger service, and, My Health for better living, for My Club, my Community, my Country, and my World.


My daughter Sabrina is a member of the 4-H Club - "In 4-H, youth learn life skills that they need to be successful, both as children and as adults. These skills include communication, decision-making, problem solving, sharing and conflict resolution skills".

I first learned about 4-H when I was invited to be a judge for the youth visual presentations because I am a member of the District 31 Toastmasters International and I have exprience and writing, delivering and giving speeches.

http://www.toastmasters.org/ http://www.district31.org/

I really appreciate that the 4-H children are involved in community service and have public speaking opportunities. Sabrina is in the 4-H "Massachusetts Maniacs" Club. The Maniacs and the parents helped to decorate a small float for the annual Forth of July Parade" in Wakfield, MA. The Kids marched down Main Street and won in the small float division with it's "BIG" theme "Operation Military Kids" - "Hero Packs Program".

"Operation Military Kids" is a program for military families. The "Hero Back Packs" Program is specifically for children of deployed parent(s). 4-H members fill the "Hero Back Packs" with items for the Military children to let them know that 4-H kids care about them too - while their parents are oversees.

The Massachusetts 4-H Program is the outreach program of UMass Extension and the USDA with local support from state and federal funding and the Massachusetts 4-H Foundation".

To find out more about Operation Military Kids -

http://www.operationmilitarykids.org/public/home.aspx

No comments: