Monday, January 21, 2008

"AN HONORED GUEST"!

AN HONORED GUEST!!

I just received a phone call from THE HOME FOR LITTLE WANDERERS http://www.thehome.org/site/PageServer on the other end were
Scott and Bob they had me on speaker phone. They called to invite me to attend THE HOME’S Annual Fundraiser “VOICES & VISIONS” of created artworks by all the children who currently live at THE HOME.

http://www.thehome.org/site/PageServer?pagename=events_voices_visions

This event is on Wednesday May 28, 2008 - 6:00 PM at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston, MASS. There will about 900 people in attendance. The invitation to attend was already exciting enough and then Scott continued ...

THE HOME chose four Alumni to honor this year and YOU are one of them - we want to recognize YOU for all of your accomplishments”!

...I was/am SPEECHLESS!...I was/am Thankful…I am... “AN HONORED GUEST”!

=====

.....…But as the District 31 Lt. Governor of Marketing I could not let the moment slip by me… I said, “Scott I would love to start a Toastmasters Club at THE HOME”… (stay tuned)

======

FACT

January 21, 1915 - The first Kiwanis Club was founded in Detroit.

January 21, 1937 - President Franklin Roosevelt became the first chief executive to be inaugurated on Jan. 20 instead of March 4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King_Day


Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a United States holiday marking the birthdate of the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., observed on the third Monday of January each year, around the time of King's birthday, January 15. It is one of four United States federal holidays to commemorate an individual person.[1]King was the chief spokesman of the nonviolent civil rights movement, which successfully protested racial discrimination in federal and state law. He was assassinated in 1968.

No comments: