Sunday, August 3, 2008

Just Getting Started

“To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage”
Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes (American Poet, Lecturer and Essayist, 1803-1882)

Here it is - my NEW Website - Launched Today! www.findyourplatform.com

I bought this domain name last year at the August 2007 Get Paid to Speak Champ Camp -it was one of my 10 goals that I wanted to complete.
http://www.worldchampslive.com/champcamp-getpaid.html

It didn;t take a YEAR to create it - it took a year to believe I COULD make it happen - so I may be slow - but at least when I go to Champ Camp this year on Saturday August 9th - Monday August 11th - I can feel great about KNOWING that I made a deadline - and I won;t be sitting there saying - "I WISH I..."

Well, at least I won;t be saying that about my website but I may be saying it about "asking for a fee"... (but that is another post!).

ANY and ALL feedback is welcomed - I need to work on the colors - I can finally say - "DONE IS BETTER THAN PERFECT"!!


Do YOU have a Website?
Do YOU want a Website?
What’s stopping YOU from following through on “Just Getting Started”?


http://build-website.com/guide/objectives.html
..”it would appear that many web page developers have not clearly defined their objectives!

“There are many good reasons for building a web page but it is important that your goals are clear. Your objectives should drive the content and the design. Many people build home pages as a hobby, purely for their own personal development. Others build them to promote business, social, cultural, humanitarian, or business objectives”

“Knowledge of web page development can help you in your career. Many businesses today have their own corporate Intranet sites, which are simply internal Internet systems used to share corporate information. The ability to communicate electronically is a valuable skill to employers”.

“There is also potential for generating income from the web pages you develop. This is done by publishing interesting pages that attract large numbers of visitors and then selling advertising space, goods or services from those pages”.

FACTS

http://build-website.com/guide/objectives.html

Web site

http://www.hometravelagency.com/dictionary/web-site.html

web site. Informational or commercial computer files posted on the Internet and viewable from remote computers.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/W/web_site.htm

A site (location) on the World Wide Web. Each Web site contains a home page, which is the first document users see when they enter the site. The site might also contain additional documents and files. Each site is owned and managed by an individual, company or organization.

launching

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&defl=en&q=define:launching&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

• e act of moving a newly built vessel into the water for the first time
• introduction: the act of beginning something new; "they looked forward to the debut of their new product line"
• the act of propelling with force

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

No comments: