Thursday, September 4, 2008

2008 Calgary - Hall of Fame



“We are a group of people brought together to do things we could not do alone”.

2006-2007 Toastmasters International President Johnny Uy, DTM

Here it is the "Excellence in Marketing" Award that I earned for meeting (and exceeding) the District 31 Marketing goal. It was handed to me by the 2007-2008 Toastmasters International President, Chris Ford, DTM at the 2008 Toastmasters International Convention in Calgary during the "Hall of Fame" ceremony.

Standing next to me is Region Vi International Director, and past District 40 District Governor, Gary Mull, DTM who announced the entire District 31 Top Three Team on the big stage at the Hall of Fame.

We are currently a Distinguished District for the fifth (5th) year in a row from 2003-2008 and we are number 41st in the world!

...As Chris Ford would say while he takes off his cowboy hat and waves it high above his head...."YIIIPPPPPYYYY!!

http://www.d40toastmasters.org/
http://toastmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Region_VI
gary_mull@optibility.com
www.optibility.com

----
Big thank you to the current District 53 Lt. Governor of Marketing, Dave Wheeler for sending the info below on how to add photos on my BLOG! - imagine after a year - I didn;t know how to do it! AND for those of you who - like me need tech support help - here'yago!

"For your blog... when you create a new post, there is little button above the main text box that looks like a picture (right next to the little check mark which is for Spell Checking). That is what you click to add a photo to your blog article".
Dave

Ooh and check out Dave's blog! www.areaA4.blogspot.com
theshot92@gmail.com
----

Who do you go to when you need help? Believe me - I did NOT earn the "Excellence in Marketing" award on my own - I had MANY MANY MANY people who helped me.

I couldn;t even figure out how to post a photo on this BLOG without assistance. It takes TEAM WORK and when I don;t know how to complete a task or I don;t know the answer - I "GO TO" people who do.

As 2006-2007 Past International President, Johnny Uy, DTM says -
“We are a group of people brought together to do things we could not do alone”.

Who are YOUR "GO TO" people?
-----
www.findyourplatform.com

No comments: