Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sherri's Christmas Q & A





"The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other". Burton Hillis

After reading Region III International Director, Tim Swearingen's Blog, who read both Angie Key and Jim Key's Blogs...I too am joining in on the festivities of the "Christmas Q & A".

So in the Christmas spirit ...my answers...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Both - wrap it and put it in a gift bag

2. Real tree or artificial?
REAL TREE - there is NOTHING like the smell of a New England Pine Tree and the warmth of the fire crackling in the fireplace and the winter wonderland when the snow gently falls from the sky!

3. When do you put up the tree?
After Thanksgiving and I take it down right after Christmas or New Years - and sometimes I stretch it to January 9th because that is my birthday.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Love eggnog - but a very small amount with milk.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A Mrs. Beasley Doll - (from the show Family Affair - with Buffy, Jodi, Sissy Mr. French) and I could pull a string and it would talk to me. (I know I am OLD!!).

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My daughter Sabrina

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My daughter Sabrina

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I think we did - but I really downsized back in May 2008 and got rid of a storage locker (after four years) and kept pictures and my softball gloves (Yup - I play with both hands - I am ambi-dextrous!).

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I mail cards, and make postcards of Sabrina at Walmart.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Ah the one I didn;t get - giggle. Seriously - Since I am a January Baby - I always get a "Christmast/Birthday Gift". Some of you can relate!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
"It's A Wonderful Life" - Jimmy Stewart. AND although it is NOT a Christmas movie - I love when Harry Met Sally - especially the New Years when Harry FINALLY realizes he LOVES Sally.

13. When do you start shopping?
Probably all year - when I see a good sale.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
YES! If I am not going to use it - I should give it to someone who will !!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My sister Mary;s raviolis and meatballs - she makes the best gravy! AND I love Mary's peacan pie!

16. Lights on the tree?
When I was younger I loved colored lights. Now I like the calming of the white lights. But Sabrina wants the colored lights - so we are compromising and we will have white and blue lights. This will give it the calming with the color - and blue is OUR favorite color - so it works out well.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
The Little Drummer Boy

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I have done both. I am happy to just be home with Sabrina - and cook and enjoy the day together.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Yes - I have a child - and I have sung in chorus and choir all through school and at Emerson College.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We have been using an angle. Both are perfect!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
One on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning - Sabrina likes to get up early.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The Traffic and the Crowds

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Ornaments that Sabrina makes.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A Global Positioning System - GPS !!

--------------

GPS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System

A GPS receiver calculates its position by carefully timing the signals sent by the GPS satellites high above the Earth. Each satellite continually transmits messages containing the time the message was sent, precise orbital information (the ephemeris), and the general system health and rough orbits of all GPS satellites (the almanac).

The receiver measures the transit time of each message and computes the distance to each satellite. Geometric trilateration is used to combine these distances with the location of the satellites to determine the receiver's location. The position is displayed, perhaps with a moving map display or latitude and longitude; elevation information may be included. Many GPS units also show derived information such as direction and speed, calculated from position changes.

----------

Peek at Tim's Blog
http://timswearingen.typepad.com/

Peek at Angie's
http://jimkey.typepad.com/

Peek at Jims's Blog
http://jimkey.typepad.com/
----------

No comments: