Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sweet Soccer Star!





Photo: Sabrina Raftery, Lady Scorpions Soccer Team - Favorite Position - Sweeper!

ANOTHER Victory for the Lady Scorpion's Team on Saturday May 2, 2009! We won 4 - 2 and my daughter Sabrina scored three of those goals! Of course it was ALL a team effort but I must admit - I am VERY proud when I see how aggressive she can be on the field!

We will not be able to attend the soccer practices this coming week or the game on Saturday May9th - because I am the Lt. Governor of Education & Training for District 31 Toastmasters and I have been busy planning and will be hosting the D31 Spring 2009 Conference.

I am also running for the District 31 Governor seat. I wish the Lady Scorpions Luck and hope they bring us another victory and WIN the game. I am also praying that I too have a Victory for this most coverted seat in the District.

It will be an honor for me as Dr. Ralph Smedley said "TO LEAD AND TO SERVE" for my final year in the leadership track!

Proud of my Sweet Soccer Star - hope she is proud of MOM too!

----

VICTORY

http://www.dictionary.net/victory

Victory \Vic"to*ry\, n.; pl. Victories. [OE. victorie, OF. victorie, victoire, F. victoire, L. victoria. See Victor.]

The defeat of an enemy in battle, or of an antagonist in any contest; a gaining of the superiority in any struggle or competition; conquest; triumph; -- the opposite of defeat.

Death is swallowed up in victory. --1 Cor. xv. 54.

God on our side, doubt not of victory. --Shak.

Victory may be honorable to the arms, but shameful to the counsels, of a nation. --Bolingbroke.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

No comments: