Tuesday, July 21, 2009

D31 2009 Area & Division Governor Training

L-R 2006-2007 District 31 Lt. Governor of Maketing, Bo Bennett
with the 2009-2010 District 31 Governor, Sherri Raftery, DTM

I really owe my TOP THREE leadership journey to Bo Bennett who pulled me aside during a Club Officer Training and asked if I would consider being nominated for the 2007-2008 Lt. Governor of Maketing position (or LGM as we call it). I really did not have any intentions of serving as a leader in Toastmasters even though I was currently serving as the 2006-2007 A-2 Area Governor. But by the end of the Toastmaster year I loved the leadership track and was thrilled to recieved the Area Governor of the Year award.

When Bo explained the job he mentioned that I would be trained and the District would send me on (paid) trips. "Well color me happy" - I thought that is amazing. I was elected as the 2007-2008 LGM and recieved the Excellence in Marketing Award. The following year served as the 2008-2009 Lt. Governor of Education and Training (LGET) and will recieve the Excellence in Education & Training award at the Hall of Fame Ceremony by Madam International President, Jana Barnhill.

This year I am serving as the 2009-2010 District 31 Governor and I am pleased to share that this is an amazing journey with many tasks to attend to. We just had our 2009 Area & Division Governor Training and it went very well. I had 97% attendance with three excused absenses.
One Division Governor is in England and will be back in August. One Area governor had hip surgery and I trained him at the hospital and the other Area Governor will be trained on August 4th.

I highly recommend the leadership track to those of you who want to improve your public speaking and leadership skills.

Thank you Bo Bennett for seeing my leadership potential and asking me to step up to district office. BTW - the TRIPS have been amazing!

TAKE CENTER STAGE!

http://www.district31.org/

http://www.toastmasters.org/

No comments: