Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Claddagh Ring 2000-2010

"Let love and friendship reign forever"
"With my two hands I give you my heart, and crown it with my loyalty."

I have been wearing the same Claddagh ring since February 14, 2000. I recieved it as a gift from an X-boyfriend - we broke up in 2003. He got married in 2008. We are still friends and his family treats my daughter like their granddaughter. But, last nite I decided it was time to take it off my old Claddagh ring that I have been wearing for 10 years.
At some point I may buy a new one with a whole new meaning. Here's to moving on....Happy Valentine's Day!

Claddagh Ring

The Claddagh ring (Irish: fáinne Chladaigh) is a traditional Irish ring given as a token of love or worn as a wedding ring. The design and customs associated with it originated in the Irish fishing village of Claddagh, located just outside the city of Galway. The ring was first produced in the 17th century during the reign of Queen Mary II, though elements of the design are much older.

No comments: